Palisade’s Boutique Office, Fruit & Wine Real Estate, and Real Estate Trends
Boutique Offices and National Trends
Owning a small Real Estate firm is challenging. We fight the larger is better battle. I usually put my head down and do the work, and sometimes I wonder if I am kidding myself. That is until recently.
I attended the National Association of Realtors Managing Broker’s conference held in Denver. It was something to see. What is new in Real Estate Brokerage on the National Stage. I had many take away’s from the speakers; Adam Savage from Myth Busters, and Mary Lou Retton, Olympic Gold Medal Winner. Here are a few:
- Bypass the limits of your material
- We all suffer from fear of failure
- The end result is never what we set out to do. Be awake to what is good but may not be what you thought you wanted.
- I know my opinion and don’t care about that. I would love to know yours.
- TAKE THE RISK
- Enthusiasm kills doubt
- Be able to perform outside your comfort zone
- Preparation makes you ready
We heard from industry leaders from Realtor.com, Boom Town, General Counsel for the National Association of Realtors, and several Owner/Brokers with associate brokers/agents numbering 30000 to 1. There was a lot of information. I found these gems to bring home to my small brokerage of 4 agents here in Peach Town central, Palisade Colorado.
The tide is turning. While large Corporate office models (Remax, Coldwell, KW…..) are going well, small boutique brokerages just like Fruit & Wine Real Estate are coming on strong. Why?
- With us it is personal.
- We are small enough to be flexible with the market
- Our Realtors know the area better than anyone
- It is all about our local culture and we are enthusiastic about it
- When the market changes, we can change quickly
With the changing climate in business from water bottles to Real Estate, it is wonderful to learn you are doing things right. Fruit & Wine Real Estate is in the right place at the right time. Anything the big offices can do, we can do with a little more flair.